Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yummmmyyyy


One of my travel companions is a huge food snob, which is funny and extra awesome when we travel around the different parts of the country and look for things to eat. Trying new food is one of my favorite parts of traveling... And by trying new food I mean enjoying food I'm already familiar with that is more genuine when made in its homeland, things like pita and falafel and hummus. Yumm. I'm not that adventurous of an eater, let's be honest. 

One of the fun things about eating in Israel is that nearly everything you find to eat- especially at restaurants- is kosher. That has meant practically for me that I have barely eaten any meat since I've been here. (Becca aren't you proud?!)  i have fruit and pita for breakfast, pita and hummus or falafel for lunch (falafel is chic peas and vegetables balled up and fried together in a little ball then served with cucumbers and peppers in a pita. It's awesome) and we've eaten a lot of pasta and salad for dinner.

James has an awesome guide book that is uniquely for finding delicious food and has taken us on many an adventure to culinary excellence... From the "king of falafel" to the Iraqi marketplace filled with fresh fruits, nuts and spices to a little Israeli restaurant that served the greatest goat cheese and pesto salad I've ever experienced all the way to the little carts on the street that sell bread and challah and date loafs- our stomachs are most definitly enjoying their stay in Israel.

1 comment:

  1. Falafel--- sooooooo good that looks amazing! There's this sketch shack in Eugene where I buy my weekly Falafel from a guy named Alex who's part Jew part Russian or something haha. he's awesome and he gives me extra hummus :)

    ReplyDelete