Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CHRISTMAS!


best thing about Israel so far? On the Orthodox calendar it's CHRISTMAS still! Today is epiphany on our calendar, but for the orthodox Christians here in the city it is almost Christmas. The Arab and conservative Jewish residents of the city who nothing of modern Christianity all assume that any western tourist is here to celebrate christmas, so when they pass you on the street or when you buy something in their shops they say "Merry Christmas!"

As I told my friend Amelia, this truly is a holy city : )

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm a major spaz at setting up accounts--so I think there are 29 pictures of me--aka the fang--as followers.
    Anyway Merry Christmas! How cool to get to extend the holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will have to go to Israel every year for Christmas #2! What a treat! :)

    ReplyDelete